Sunday 24 August 2014

Birth announcement!

Our baby girl Reegan was born on Friday the 15th of August 2014,  at 3.25am. 8lb3oz.



So I never did get to write my last pregnancy post! I didn't actually give birth until I was 41 weeks, but I had spent the five days leading up to that in the hospital waiting to be induced. The midwife discovered on my 40 week appointment that I had high blood pressure,  so she gave me a stretch and sweep in the hope of getting things going and I had to see a consultant the next day. He decided that if things didn't improve in three days (when the weekend was over) that I would need to be induced. So when I was checked on monday and still had high blood pressure I was sent to the hospital.  I spent about eight hours in the day assessment unit being monitored for them to finally decide I should come back in the morning to 'officially check in'.

I had the pessary thing put in, and from then it was a waiting game. When they decided I was prepped enough for labour I then had to wait for an available bed on the delivery ward, and after sitting there for two days thinking I was stuck in this weird limbo for pregnant women forever, a midwife told me on Thursday evening that I was first in line for the next bed on delivery. So I thought maybe there will be one by morning, I didn't want to get my hopes up. Then an hour and a half later another midwife came in with a huge grin on her face and said, "You want to come and play on delivery ward then?" And I was like FUCK YEAH. Excuse the language,  I had been waiting a while ;) and from there it was all systems go really.

I won't go any further just yet,  I want to write a whole post on my birth story, but I need some help writing it as I can't really remember much.

I'll show you my farewell belly photos, and my one week post partum belly photo :) just because I always used to wonder what the hell happened to pregnant bellies once the baby is born.




Mine seemed to go down relatively quickly,  being as I didn't have a very flat stomach to start with. So I'm pretty happy with my post baby body, it's amazing what your body goes through and I'm proud of every stretch mark and wobbly bit, they are my medals earned that mark me as a mother now.

1 comment:

  1. You are rocking that post baby bod! I am still proud of my stretch marks and c-section scar.

    ReplyDelete